Sunday, October 10, 2010
Lapis Surabaya is an Indonesian classic cake. Because it considered as a luxury cake, it ussualy served in special occasion such as Eid or as a gift for family or relatives. 1-2 small slice is quite enough to satisfied our appetite.
This Lapis Surabaya cake is using Fatmah Bahalwan (NCC) recipe. The recipe can be seen here. So for 3 layer will use as following recipe:
Lapis Surabaya Cake
30 egg yolks
250 grams sugar (original recipe total 300 grams)
375 grams butter, whipp until light & pluffy
150 grams wheat flour
1. Beat egg yolks and sugar until thick, turn off the mixer.
2. Add the whipped butter and stir well. Add the flour. Mix well.
3. For the 3 layers cake, dived the batter into 3 part. Add 1/2 tablespoons brown pasta into 1 part batter.
4. Pour the batter each into 22x22x4cm baking pan greased with butter and floured. Bake 12-20 minutes, at 180oC.
5. Chill. Stack the plain-chocolate-plain alternately, which each layer spread with jam.
Note: this Lapis Surabaya cake can be slice into 30 serving pieces.