It's KBB Birthday!! Hoorayyy..Let's Party...
To celebrate KBB'sbirthday, members are given the freedom to choose recipes from KBB #1 - KBB #18 challenge.
So, this time I present a sweet gift for KBB ... Love Macarons. I use basic macaron recipe from Helen Dujardin with modification in sugar amount. I reduce the sugar from 200 grams into 150 grams.
The results were not much different from original recipes. This love macaron is a not too sweet compare to the original recipe. It seemed more suitable for my kids who really fond of macaron shell.
The Basic French Macaron can be seen in the previous post KBB #18 French Macaroon .
Basic French Meringue Macaron
3 egg whites or 100 gr weighed
50 grams granulated sugar (for meringue, Widya: fine caster sugar)
150 grams powdered sugar (for a mixture of almonds, Widya: icing sugar)
110 grams blanched almonds, whole or ground. (Widya: almond slice)
Method (modified by Widya):
1. Blend the almonds and icing sugar using food processor.
2. Sift the icing sugar & almond mixture 3 times. Set aside
3. Whisk the egg whites in a clean and free of fat bowl. Add caster sugar slowly. Beat until stiff but not dry.
4. Add the almond mixture into egg white mixture. Do into 2 levels. Do this by beating action in the early phase.
5. Add coloring with folding motion.
6. Insert the batter into piping bag. Make love shape in a baking sheet covered with parchment paper.
7. Let stand at room until macaron dry (not wet. It may takes 1-3 hours (depending on humidity).
8. Bake in a preheated oven at 140 degrees Celsius for 13-17 minutes.
9. Let stand in baking sheet for 5 minutes. Remove from oven.
10. Store in air tight containers.