Wednesday, November 18, 2009
Simple Cream Puff
It's an easy cream puff with simple custard recipe. Just add slices of strawberry & kiwi, you can taste the refreshing cream puff..yumm..yummm....
I am using
NCC's cream puff recipe and custard recipe from Bogasari course.
200 ml water
125 grams unsalted butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
150 grams wheat flour (I use bread flour)
1. Cook water, butter, sugar, salt to a boil.
2. Add wheat flour, stirring quickly, remove, cool.
3. Beat the dough slowly 1 minute. Add the eggs one by one until the batter become smooth.
4. Pour into a piping bag, shape on a baking sheet that has been covered with parchment paper.
5. Bake 190oC for 40 minutes. Do not open the oven until no remaining bubbles. Oven can be lowered 150oC for about 5 minutes or until cream puff turn yellow.
1000 grams milk
170 grams sugar
125 grams custard powder
1. Mix all ingredients into one. Cook until boiling and thick.
2. Remove from stove. Put into piping bag. Let cool, insert to cream puff.