This cream puff pastry is using seasonal mango custard.. This mango come from Egypt mangoes that has sweet taste like Indonesian mango, Harum Manis.
Cream puff recipe ( Fatmah Bahalwan NCC)
200 ml water
125 grams unsalted butter
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
150 grams wheat flour (I use bread flour)
1. Cook the water, butter, sugar, salt until boiling.
2. Add the flour, stir quickly until smoothy, remove from heat, let cool until warm.
3. Beat the warm batter about 1 minute. Add the eggs one by one
4. Insert the batter into piping bag. Shape into eclair on a baking sheet that has been cover with parchment paper.
5. Bake 190oC for 40 minutes. Do not open oven until no more foams appears. Then the oven can be lowered into 150oC for 5 minutes until golden.
Mango custard Recipe
300 gram mango flesh, mix with 100 ml water using blender
250 ml milk
100 grams sugar (depending on acidity of mango)
50 grams meizena flour
2 egg yolks
1. Dissolve meizena with some milk, add egg yolks, strain.
2. Mix all ingredients and meizena mixture. Stir until boiling and thick. Insert into piping bag. Cool. Ready to use